What Is Dyslexia?
And What Does It Mean To Me?
In addition to my invasive species and science blog posts, I’ll be sharing stories and videos about my adventures with dyslexia.
I really hope this information I’m sharing will help people with dyslexia stay informed about all the resources and technology available to make our lives easier.
And I hope that even folks without dyslexia, or teachers who work with kids who have dyslexia, will find this information useful!
But most important, I hope that I can inspire other kids who have dyslexia to know that anything is possible and to never become discouraged. We can achieve whatever we set our minds to!
- The Sound of Reading: Austin Teen Creates Film for National Dyslexia Awareness Month
Discover the challenges that dyslexic students face and the success they can achieve with audiobooks from Learning Ally.
My posts about Dyslexia
- What is Dyslexia?…And What Does It Mean To Me?
- Vote for my SXSWedu session idea: What Invasive Species Taught Me About Dyslexia
- How to Make Paper Journals Dyslexic Friendly
- If you have Dyslexia, make the iPad and the iPhone “Speak”
- What Steven Spielberg, Movie Making, Dyslexia…and Me…Have in Common
- How Percy Jackson Made Dyslexia Cool – Video
- Rick Riordan Talks About Mark of Athena and His New Norse Demigod Series – Video
- Bow Wow Reading Dogs – Volunteering at Austin Dog Alliance – Post includes video: Tips for dyslexics: Practice reading to your dog
- The 1 in 5 Initiative: Learning Ally Creates a Site for Dyslexics by Dyslexics – Video