Nature nights starts this Thursday, June 21, at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center from 6 to 9 p.m. The event is free and is fun for the entire family. Get to know butterflies at this Thursday’s event.
As part of the evening activities, you can:
- Watch the release of live butterflies in the courtyard by the Austin Butterfly Forum
- Fold beautiful origami butterflies with artist Joan Son
Sing about the butterfly life cycle and pollination with zoologist
- Create a butterfly puppet with the Teenage ecowarriors
- Walk the gardens and look for butterflies, moths, and other pollinators with nature experts
Invasive Hunter Academy and the Power of Plants
In two weeks, I’m bringing my Invasive Hunter Academy to nature nights. The July 5th event focuses on the power of plants.
As part of the academy, I look forward to teaching you about invasive species and graduating you as an Invasive Hunter.
You’ll learn how to:
- Spot invasive species
- Take down invasives with action moves
Create a fun action scene with you battling an invasive plant
(You can take your diorama home with you!)
I’ll also have Plant Hero pins, pledges, and other fun stuff too!
I look forward to seeing you at Nature Nights!